The Diploma course in Map Reproduction (Printing) is designed to provide knowledge and skills required to prepare trainees for performing tasks of a technician in a printing firm. The course is also aimed at preparing the trainees for supervisory roles and further training.
The Certificate course in Printing is designed to provide knowledge and skills required to prepare trainees as Press Technicians Level 5. Qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve to enable him/her to operate in a printing industry. It entails operating a Lithographic press, Gravure press, Flexographic press, Screen printing press, 3D printing press and maintenance of press machines.
There are never dull moments, as the department likes varying its activities. Study trips come in handy as a measure to improve and enhance our training objectives. The department organizes and executes educational trips with relevant interest in those areas where large complex machinery or exceptional operations that touch on printing are involved that are not available in the institute.
The project work is designed to give the trainees:
- Experience in extended piece of practical work
- An opportunity to develop and implement their own ideas
- An opportunity to reflect and apply relevant skills and knowledge acquired in the study
- Experience of working with a supervisor and peers in carrying out the instructions of the supervisor
- Experience in writing a technical report and keeping records of work as it proceeds